2016 Resolution…Work SMARTER
Let’s play a little game of goal setting good news, bad news. As always, let’s start with the bad…
Around this time last year you probably set goals both personally and for your business. Looking back on 2015, how successful were you? If you’re anything like most people, you came out of the gate roaring and began to tail off around Valentine’s Day (if you made it that far). You had all the good intentions of making positive changes, but for one reason or another they didn’t stick.
So, you might ask, what’s the good news? The following is a tried and true formula which will increase your success percentage substantially. Follow this method of goal setting and you’re well on your way to a successful 2016 and beyond!
SMART goals are:
- Specific — Do set real numbers with real deadlines. Don’t say, “I want more visitors.”
- Measurable — Do make sure you can track your goal. Don’t hide behind buzzwords like “brand engagement” or “social influence”.
- Attainable — Do work toward a goal that is challenging but possible. Don’t try to take over the world in one night.
- Realistic — Do be honest with yourself, you know what you and your team are capable of. Don’t forget any hurdles you may have to overcome.
- Timebound — Do give yourself a deadline. Don’t keep pushing towards a goal you might hit “some day.”
In addition to this, I always suggest keeping your goals in a convenient place that is visible to you daily. Keep your vision in front of you every day and you are much more likely to stay focused on what you think is important while filtering out activities which deter you from your end result.
Cheers to 2016 and your best year ever!